Saturday, September 27, 2008



Hello! I'm in S. Africa! This will be short. The flight was long, but good. The one thing I have truely enjoyed is meeting various people from all over the world. Everybody has been friendly and helpful. After my first 10 hour flight, I had a 12 hour flight in Germany. I went to Heidelberg, which is 55 miles from Frankfurt...Leanna-style. I got lost, but I found my way. Little mishap, I took the train 45 min in the wrong direction. It was worth the extra energy and money though. Heidelberg has the oldest university in Germany. It was old town wonder with a castle, coffee shops on cobblestone streets and historic buildings. I added a few pictures. I had yet to take pics here in S.A. It is a little bit more difficult.




My host family is wonderful. The mother definitely mothers me and the daughters are sweet, funny and helpful. I have yet to meet the other students. My driver gave me a small tour of Durban and I saw a few townships. One impression I have is all the tour books did not do justice in stating how poverish some areas are. I will state more on my impressions later.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM , Blogger mfranks said...

Hey Leanna: Glad to see you made it just fine. What nice pictures, thanks. It sounds like you are settling in just fine, that is good. I will tell Todd you are now in SA.

Micki

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home